The Marrable Family have been lovingly preparing bread for South-East Queensland families for over 60 years. We bake our bread daily to give you the freshest Australian loaves possible. Here are some simple tips to keep your bread fresh.
Our traditional range of Gold Coast Bakery family loaves (800g) and half loaves (400g) are available in major supermarkets and independents across South East Queensland.
Each loaf is baked fresh daily with love in Molendinar. We have over 60 years baking and use only the finest Australian ingredients to give you the best, fresh Aussie bread for you and your family.
Whilst our bread only has a short shelf live, as we don’t use any nasties in our baking process, there are some things you can do to keep your bread fresher for longer!
- Store your bread in a cool, dry place such as your pantry or bread box
- Keep your loaves out of the sun – leaving your bread in sunny areas will cause it to sweat and can cause mould
- Don’t keep your bread in the fridge – many people think is the best option, but we recommend keeping it out of the fridge
- If you have extra slices, the best thing to do is freeze it!
- Freeze your bread in your desired serving size
- Freeze your bread in a re-usable container, plastic wrap or sandwich bag. Keep in mind you can re-use the sandwich bag or plastic wrap to freeze more bread
- Write a label so you know what date you froze it and what type of bread it is
- When you are ready to eat it, simply leave it out to defrost or pop it into the toaster